This is the official blog of the Feminism Society of Royal Holloway University of London.To join our mailing list or submit an article, feel free to email rhulfeminism@gmail.com. To pay your society membership please visit www.su.rhul.ac.uk

Sunday 21 October 2012

#rhulfemsocelects Communications Officer - Manifesto Time!

Candidate: Victoria Butcher

Hello!  My name is Victoria and I am a committed feminist.  And activist.  I intend to use my skills of communication to provide an awesome level of service to the Feminism Society!  So, as I'm sure you're all wondering, what the hell could I to bring to this role?

Well.  A few things....(I would hope)

 - As a very organised individual, I would be a dedicated Communications Officer who would not only keep an eye on all our social media channels but focus on new and innovative ways we could get publicity.  After all, the joys of feminism need to have as much representation as possible!
- I'm quite creative and would utilise these abilities for poster making and anything else that needs to be done in the role.  I love to write so would hope this would strengthen my role as Communications Officer.
- Inevitably, communication is key and I would make sure to always take direction from the rest of the Committee where needed but also be able to go away and get on with any publicity related matters.
- Most importantly, I'm a very social person and have excellent communication skills which would be incredibly important for a role like this.
- On a more personal note, I also really like embarrassing Christmas jumpers with animals on them (current fave: two loved-up swans) and there are not enough Communications Officers wearing ridiculous clothes like this.....


I'm hoping I can bring a bit of fun and creativity to the committee and will do my up most best to be a valued member of this awesome society!

Vote for me!

Thinking about running too? Email your manifesto to rhulfeminism@gmail.com
ELECTIONS ARE ON OCTOBER 25TH AT 6PM (SO COME ON TIME), IF YOU HAVEN'T PAID YOUR MEMBERSHIP YOU CAN NOT VOTE OR RUN SO PLEASE PAY.
IF YOU ARE NOT TAKING PART IN ELECTIONS PLEASE COME AT 6:15pm INSTEAD!


No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting, please remember that whilst this blog welcomes constructive discussion on feminism, we also aim to maintain a safe blogging space for our members and readers and therefore shall not publish abusive or discriminating comments or tolerate harassment.